Wonton Soup

I tried to veganize this soup - can be done many ways - but you go with what you want.

Wonton filling:

• half a block of firm tofu, crumbled
• half cup mushrooms, diced
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tbsp veggie broth
• half tsp fresh ginger, diced
• one clove garlic, diced
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• salt and pepper to taste

Cook the filling until tender. Can add green onions too, but I save that for the soup.

I use a large pan and added 9(ish) cups of water. I suggest at least 6-8, depending.

For the broth:

• 2 stock cubes. You could do half water and half broth if you want
• 1/2 cup of low sodium soy sauce (or to taste)
• ends of 5 green onions (cleaned), sliver of fresh ginger, one whole clove of garlic
• salt and pepper to taste
• one tsp red miso paste dissolved in warm water (1/2 cup water)
• 1 tsp powdered ginger
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder

Let simmer and adjust the flavors until it is the way you like. Spoon out the garlic, onion ends and ginger.

What I added to my soup:

• other half of tofu, diced
• half cup of sliced mushrooms
• 5 green onions (or however many you prefer)
• 3/4 of a small bag of baby carrots,  whole
• 3/4 of a head of bokchoy, chopped
+ any other veggies you'd like



I served my soup over top some rice and boom. Amazing Chinese take-out inspired soup.

Comments

Popular Posts