What is a Cyster?

What is a Cyster?

🌼 When I was about 12/13 I was diagnosed with PCOS (PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome). We often refer to ourselves as a Cyster because this syndrome is predominantly female, although some men can have a form of it as well. It effects 1 in 10 women. I am 1 in 10.
It can cause or create a BOAT load of health issues and has a lot of different symptoms.

⇩ ⇩ ⇩

• One of the most common causes of infertility in women
• Hormone imbalance. High levels of male hormones.
• Symptoms include, but are not limited to: facial hair, unwanted chest/belly/back hair or acne, weight gain, baldness and menstrual irregularity.
• No cure, but dietary changes can help lessen some of the symptoms
• Roughly 80 percent of those with PCOS are obese


😒 Guess what? I have most of those symptoms.

I was lucky enough to conceive naturally in 2013 at the age of 22. But have had difficulty since.

I have recently gained 10-15 pounds that I do not need.

😤 I am ALL for loving my "fat" body. But I know I am not healthy because I am not eating healthy.
I do feel that I should lose a bit of weight, but in a healthy way. Not in an obsessive way.

Here's to hoping this blog will help me stay on track a little better. 




Comments

Popular Posts