Real Thought #1

For the past few months I have been trying to get this apartment cleaned. 😞
For the past few days we have been medicating for strep throat. 😷

I have cleaned my kitchen a few times already in this time period.
Mainly due to my lack of motivation and energy.

The other day I cleaned all my dishes and put them away. Cleaned all of my silverware (also put them away). Cleaned off my stove and organized a little bit.

I still have a good bit to do. I'll be sure to make a list for myself soon.
Lists help me unwind and feel less overwhelmed. Because thinking of all of the shit that I have to do has me stressed because I'm so overwhelmed with just the thought of ALL I have to do.
If I break it down into a list (even every detail) it makes me feel more accomplished when I can cross things off of it. It might be cheating if I break it down into easy tasks, but when I see how much I am getting done (even if it is small) then I'm more than likely going to become more motivated to get more done. YAY! 🙌 🎉

Once everything is pretty much cleaned my next goal is to organize.
I need to get rid of things. Clutter mostly.
If I'm not using it then it goes into the basement. Sorry KitchenAid stand mixer.
I only use that thing once a year - if I feel like making cookies.

I'm also into Mason jars. I've been using them for storage on the counter for coffee and things like that. I also got this super cute measuring cup and spoons set!

Measuring cups and spoons are sold as separate sets on Amazon.com
Sooooo...now it seems as though EVERYTHING must go into a jar. 😂

Also, I have to say that only having a few things to wash in my sink every evening and wiping things down as I go just feels so much nicer. It makes me feel so much better. I feel like that fuels my motivation just a little bit more. 
I've done surprisingly well for a momma that has strep. 👌

I think that is all I want to say for now. Gonna go sip on my iced coffee. ✌

Comments

  1. Have you tried bullet journaling... It's good for list writers.. Also.. Veggies and fruits stay super fresh and crisp in Mason jars if you dry them before you put them in the jar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loads of jars I plan on using and recently bought lids so I will have to try that.

      I haven't tried bullet journaling. I have watched a few videos where people write theirs out, but they put a lot of work into it - a bit more than what I'm into. But I'll look into that as well. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts