Veg 'n Cheez

I've only made a couple of 'cheez' sauces so far - this one is probably one of my favorites!
It is an ALL veggie sauce - the last one I made had white potatoes and carrots only (plus some of the cooking liquid).

This time I didn't have any potatoes, but I did have some frozen winter squash. I'll insert a picture of the package.


For the sauce:

  • 1 cup to 1&1/2 cups Water (divided)
  • 1 teaspoon of veggie bouillon (I have the better than bouillon jar)                   
  • OR - 1 cup to 1&1/2 cups veggie broth/stock (divided)
  • 1 package of frozen cooked winter squash
  • 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 2-3 carrots, roughly chopped
  • a few onion slices (I cut a whole onion and reserved the rest for the saute pan)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • about 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
Other ingredients:

  • half a cup of frozen peas
  • half a cup of frozen corn
  • sliced onion
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • small amount of oil or water to cook in
  • a box/bag of pasta (1 pound/16oz will work. I used rotini)



I put about 3/4 of a cup to 1 cup of water in a small pot with the frozen squash. To the water I added the boullion and the spices. Cooked until the squash was defrosted.

In another small pot I added about a half of a cup of water and added a few slices of onion and the chopped carrots to boil until soft. I blended them with my immersion blender (but any blender will work) along with the cooking liquid and about a 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast.

I combined the blended mix to the squash and set it aside until the pasta was done.
In a pan I sauteed the onions and steamed the frozen peas and corn.


Mixed everything together and served it up!
Pretty simple and very yummy!



Comments

Popular Posts