Easy Chipotle Ranch Pasta Salad

I haven't been taking a lot of food pictures, but I made sure to snap a pic of the pasta salad I made twice in one week!

The recipe couldn't be easier and the flavor combinations are endless. The veggie options are very customizable - add as little or as much as you like of which ever veg you prefer!

The first batch of this was not Vegan - it might have been vegetarian, but I'm not entirely sure.
I used a flavor packet for a box of Chipotle Ranch Pasta Salad (by Betty Crocker) and mixed the seasonings with about a cup of Vegan Mayo (Just Mayo by Hampton Creek is my FAVE at the moment!)

But I wanted to make my own "dressing" the next time around and I might even give this a go one or two more times with a few changes - but either way, this is still a GREAT and easy recipe.

You could probably easily use your favorite Ranch dressing or mix Ranch with a little taco spices. Or even just mayo and the spices for the dressing + some sort of vinegar or citrus juice.

Ingredients I used for the dressing this time around: This is per 1 bag/box (16oz/1pound) pasta
  • About 1 Cup of Mayo (I used Just Mayo)
  • Juice of at least half-to-whole lime (lemon or ACV [Apple Cider Vinegar] I'm sure could be subbed), adjusted by your preference of taste and texture
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
  • 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
  • 1/2-to-1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
  • 1 Teaspoon Cumin
  • 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
  • 1 Teaspoon dried Dill
Now for the ingredients that build the pasta salad itself..
  • 1 pound (16oz) bag/box of pasta, (I used whole wheat Rotini) cooked, drained and rinsed in cold water 
  • 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped 
  • 3-5 Roma tomatoes (any type you want will do), chopped
  • 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 Cup of frozen corn, thawed (you can put them in a metal/mesh strainer under the lid of the boiling pasta to thaw them)
  • half of a seedless cucumber, diced
  • 2-3 mini cans of sliced black olives
  • 3-5 green onions, chopped
    Not the prettiest, but Ta-da!
Next time I may add a little bit more liquid and some nutritional yeast to the dressing. As well as try out some vegan sour cream and possibly some mashed avocado!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts