Real Thought #1.2

I'm back with another #RealThought and since it is the same day as the first I will number it 1.2....2 being the 2nd version..or installment. 👀 Something like that.

So I think this is the 2nd or 3rd attempt at a "veggie" blog. Forgive me.
I've probably mentioned in another blog somewhere in cyberspace that I am awful at blogging. I will admit. I want to get better. It is on my bucket list. Even though I don't really have one. Not really. Not officially.

I just wanted to write this post to admit that my veggie journey is definitely going to start off slow. Probably for a while. I do have a lot to figure out. I have to listen to my body. I'm stubborn and have been told I have selective hearing - so listening to my body might be somewhat of a challenge, but I am willing to give it a shot.

Another reason it is going to start off slow is - I don't like wasting food.
I have a lot of non-vegan foods in my kitchen.
I can't afford to just toss all of my food and go on a shopping spree.
I'm too broke for that shit. Imma be real.

But when I run out of something I will replace it with a better alternative.
I will limit my intake on some foods.
Right now I'm eating a bowl of instant maple & brown sugar oats - the ingredients say that it is vegan. Not the healthiest option, but it is quick and easy. Plus I have an abundance of those packets because I got excited at a Sam's Club once.

I also have a shit ton of white rice. I have a tiny bit of quinoa and a tiny bit of brown rice - but I'll combine some of those into my diet here and there.
I have a lot of dried and canned beans. And lentils, split green peas and lentil stew mix.

I have a lot of instant chicken ramen noodles. Probably the worst food on the planet, but when you're desperate. I mean. Not everyday, yo.

I have a lot of mac'n'cheese boxed dinners. Chemical orange powdered macaroni.
I never said that shit was bae. 🙅
But it might get me through the day.
That's my hipster poem.
Word.

^^ I don't always talk that way. Or act this way. Or write this much. But when your mind is on 2 cups of coffee, no sleep and all kinds of thoughts running on a hamster wheel - well....things get a little weird.
My bad.

But like I said...sometime or somewhere before this version - I want to be more plant based.
Or maybe I didn't say it. I can't remember.
But there ^ I said it. ✌

And with that said, I want to be more creative and conscious of what I put in my body.
At least a good portion of the time.

I'm hoping I will find my happy medium some day soon.

P.S. - can't you tell that I LOVE emojis? I'm stoked that I can put them in my blogs now.
Be warned. 👄

Comments

Popular Posts