Veggie Sushi (with fresh green beans) {Vegan}

Green beans were on sale the other day. I decided to buy them, but had no idea what I was going to do with them.

Then an idea 💡popped into my head. Well, several - I was rather hungry. I wanted either sushi, stir-fry or potato wedges for dinner.
I decided on homemade sushi.
🍣

It was a big hit!


I steamed the green beans until they were tender. I let them boil for a few minutes until they had a slight bite to them. Then I turned off the heat and covered the pot with a lid and just let them cool that way (decided to give my daughter a bath to pass the time).
I made the sushi rice according to the package. I made 2 cups of rice. I made roughly 7 rolls I believe.

I put the green beans in a bowl and added a splash of soy sauce, sprinkle of ground ginger powder and garlic powder. Was a nice quick marinade.

In the Rolls:


  • Green beans, steamed
  • Cucumber, sliced thin
  • Carrots, shredded
  • Avocado, sliced
In the Rice:

  • drizzle of sesame oil (2 tsp)
  • maple syrup (2 tsp)
  • rice vinegar (2 tsp)
  • sprinkle of sesame seeds

Often I dip my sushi in soy sauce and wasabi paste mixed together.



When I don't have wasabi, I like to mix in sweet chili sauce into soy sauce. 👌

Comments

Popular Posts